Comments

If you wish to add a comment to any of my articles please do so as I am always pleased to have a contribution from any reader as this increases the interest for other visitors.

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Lost Friends found each other through my Weblog

I wrote in an earlier article that as the author of a weblog there is a degree of anticipation waiting to be notified of any comment to a post. When the notification arrives there is an element of satisfaction, joy, elation and trepidation.

I was totally surprised on the 17th April 2011 to be notified of the following comment that had been posted to my article entitled Louise Clarke, "Please don´t compromise your talent and your reputation" which included a letter written by Sarah Hill, a UK Expat resident in the Orihuela Costa area of the Costa Blanca, Spain.

“Hi, I am emailing from Sydney Australia. My partner George and I were very good friends with Sarah and Dave and colleagues in the UK for many years. We came across your blog by accident and would love to be put in contact with them again. Trish Rymer and George Davidson”

It was fortunate that I knew how to contact Sarah Hill and suggested she read the comment from Australia. At the same time I posted a reply comment on the article.

“Trish: I have been in touch with Sarah by email, I will not give the address here for obvious security reasons as the world can read this, and she said, "Elliot this is fantastic. I have tried everywhere to find them". Next step is to get you all in contact. Keep watching this space.”

Later the same day a message was posted by Sarah Hill.

“Hi Trish and George. You can find me on Facebook as Sarah Hill and also on Orihuela Costa PSOE website. Dave and I are well and very involved in things on the Costa Blanca. If this doesn’t work leave a comment and I will put our email address on here.
Lots of love Sarah and Dave xxx”

Sarah & Dave Hill
 They and I waited for a reply contact, but after almost two days nothing.

Knowing from what she had told me I knew Sarah had not been able to locate her lost friend so I decided to carry out a little investigation to see if I could.

Finding the contact details for the most probable candidate for being Trish from Sydney, Australia I sent the following email.

"Dear Patricia,
Are you the Trish that left the following comment on my weblog?
“Hi, I am emailing from Sydney Australia. My partner George and I were very good friends with Sarah and Dave and colleagues in the UK for many years. We came across your blog by accident and would love to be put in contact with them again. Trish Rymer and George Davidson”
If you are, read the comment from Sarah on the article http://elliotsampford.blogspot.com/2011/03/louise-clarke-please-dont-compromise.html where you left your comment. Or reply to me and I will forward your email to Sarah".

I received the reply I was hoping for.

“Hello Elliot,
Thank you. ….(modesty and embarrassment requires that I omit this bit).................... . We have read Sarah and Dave's reply and George and I are very grateful for acting as our intermediaries.
It was also very clever of you to find me by email. Our home email address is …................. could you please pass both my email addresses to Sarah and Dave. Once again, thank you.
Best wishes from Trish and George”.

Trish also posted another comment on the weblog article.

“Hello Elliot and Sarah,
how wonderful to be back in touch. George and I are really excited to be able to make contact again, after all this time. Elliot thank you very much for this. I will respond to your email now and provide our home email address. Trish” 
 
With my role completed I sent them all an email with each other´s email addresses with the subject title of,

Sarah, Dave, Trish and George – Get chatting !!!!

Having been good friends and work colleagues for over 20 years, they lost contact following Trish and George´s move to Australia in 2006 and Sarah and Dave´s move in 2007 to here in Orihuela, Spain, and email addresses were mislaid in the moves. Sarah told me “Since then I have been trying to find ways of finding them”. Well the lost friends found each through my Weblog and are busy chatting and catching up on all each other´s news. Trish told me, “Sarah and I have emailed each other now. It is just wonderful. So many thanks to you”, and Sarah has added, “Your blog has been fantastic. Thank you so much”.

I'm pleased to know that my weblog containing my ramblings and rants and a little bit of being a super sleuth have brought them together again, with the result of four happy friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and add your name rather than 'Anonymous' to your comment, as it may not be published. In the 'Comment as' box above use the drop-down menu and select 'Name/URL'. In the 'Edit profile' pop-up enter your name and press continue. There will be a period of delay before your comment appears on the article until I receive the automatic notification that you have made one and can authorised its publication.

Any comment that includes vulgar language, racist remarks or anything of that nature will either be edited or not published at my discretion.