Comments

If you wish to add a comment to any of my articles please do so as I am always pleased to have a contribution from any reader as this increases the interest for other visitors.

Monday 19 March 2012

I could be investigated by the RSPCA e-div.

Whilst the power and extent of the world wide web normally does not surprise me this is not the case this week.


Following my recent article on this weblog entitled Vacuum cleaner euthanasia or not? I am amazed to learn that I am possibly to be investigated by the electrical division of the Retailers Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Appliances. As far as I can understand, at this early stage, that having somehow become aware of my article, there is a suggestion by society members that I may be being cruel by overworking my appliance when it is in a poor state of health.


Should the RSPCA consider there is a case to answer and the matter be taken to a trial, and if found guilty, I will only be allowed to use my friend for a maximum duration of one hour thirty minutes per day and must allow a full forty eight hours rest between work periods, until satisfactory repairs are carried out . In addition I could be placed on an electrical retailers blacklist and barred from purchasing an additional vacuum cleaner for six months. This seems strange, but the law is not always logical, as a new workmate would mean less work for my older cleaner to do.

Euthanasia or redundancy are not permitted options, to solve the problem, as my vacuum is entitled to the job for the duration of its natural life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and add your name rather than 'Anonymous' to your comment, as it may not be published. In the 'Comment as' box above use the drop-down menu and select 'Name/URL'. In the 'Edit profile' pop-up enter your name and press continue. There will be a period of delay before your comment appears on the article until I receive the automatic notification that you have made one and can authorised its publication.

Any comment that includes vulgar language, racist remarks or anything of that nature will either be edited or not published at my discretion.