Comments

If you wish to add a comment to any of my articles please do so as I am always pleased to have a contribution from any reader as this increases the interest for other visitors.

Friday 25 February 2011

A Coal Scuttle, a Leek and a Goldfish.

I decided to join the 'Creative Writing' group of our local U3A in Torrevieja to try to improve the content of my ramblings on this blog.

It was suggested that members of the group could attempt to write a (very) short story of 100 words, which must include a coal scuttle, a leek and a goldfish, for reading and discussion at the next meeting.

I wonder what they'll think of this.

As a lad I grew a gigantic leek for the village garden show competition.

I nurtured it from seed to maturity. When large enough I transplanted it to an old coal scuttle. It protected it from crawling garden enemies like a battlement protecting the keep. I gave devoted attention to growing an unbeatable champion.

I wanted the winner and the magnificent trophy I dreamed I would receive.

Judging day arrived; the tension and excitement grew; “and the winner is”; I'd won!

I swaggered forward, hands outstretched ready, to collect my well deserved prize.


Image: luigi diamanti / FreeDigitalPhotos.net




A goldfish in a glass bowl !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and add your name rather than 'Anonymous' to your comment, as it may not be published. In the 'Comment as' box above use the drop-down menu and select 'Name/URL'. In the 'Edit profile' pop-up enter your name and press continue. There will be a period of delay before your comment appears on the article until I receive the automatic notification that you have made one and can authorised its publication.

Any comment that includes vulgar language, racist remarks or anything of that nature will either be edited or not published at my discretion.