Comments

If you wish to add a comment to any of my articles please do so as I am always pleased to have a contribution from any reader as this increases the interest for other visitors.

Wednesday 4 February 2015

My Photographs for week ending 25 January 2015

I only posted photographs onto Facebook and Twitter on six days this week. However, here are the nine images I published.

A juvenile Mute Swan feeding amongst the roots of the reeds on the River Witham at Fiskerton Fen, Fiskerton, Lincolnshire. 


Another picture from my trip to Fiskerton Fen. A juvenile Mute Swan showing me how its new white plumage is coming along.


On the 26th December 2014 I showed you a picture of a Buzzard that I had taken, on the outskirts of Heighington, Lincolnshire, and said I would visit the location again to try to get another photograph. This time I was successful, after many return visits, to get this shot and a couple of others, before it flew off. You would think that was the end of the photo shoot – but no.


When I looked in the field behind me I was amazed to see the buzzard's mate sitting on a fence pole about 75 metres from me. I wasn't expecting this so didn't have my camera ready and only managed to get this poor quality image before the bird flew away, presumably to join its mate.


I realize I showed you a male Great Spotted Woodpecker in my gallery for week ending 4 January but this morning he was on the nut feeder – fat feeder previously.


It was 15:00 hrs. on the 23 January: I was very cold and dejected and I started to drive home, after an unsuccessful photography expedition. Why did I leave the warm comfort of my home for a walk in the bone chilling wind on the Heighington Fens?
This is why – my luck changed when I spotted this female perched on a gate post close to the road. Rather than fly away as usual, she decided to pose and let me take my first usable shots of a Kestrel. It's only fair I show you more than one aspect of her beauty.
What a great afternoon.




I knew I wouldn't have time to get out-and-about on the day so my daily photograph is from my garden. I asked these two Long-tailed Tits to pose on the fat feeder, facing in different directions, so that you can see their front and back plumage in one image. Such fidgety birds but we got there in the end.


I hope you enjoyed seeing these photographs: click on any image to see a larger version.

© Elliot sampford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and add your name rather than 'Anonymous' to your comment, as it may not be published. In the 'Comment as' box above use the drop-down menu and select 'Name/URL'. In the 'Edit profile' pop-up enter your name and press continue. There will be a period of delay before your comment appears on the article until I receive the automatic notification that you have made one and can authorised its publication.

Any comment that includes vulgar language, racist remarks or anything of that nature will either be edited or not published at my discretion.