Comments

If you wish to add a comment to any of my articles please do so as I am always pleased to have a contribution from any reader as this increases the interest for other visitors.

Monday 19 October 2009

My name is Martina Scheurer - Los Verdes are re-organising the coastal group and I have taken over some duties again!

On the17th Oct. 2009 Los Verdes of Orihuela sent out an email from Martina Scheurer introducing herself to recipients of the Los Verdes mailing list in Orihuela Costa.

She began 'I am member of the Green Party of Orihuela (Los Verdes) since it was founded in 2003 and was nº 5 on the list for the last elections.
Some of you will remember me; others don’t know me at all.'

She goes on to say 'For private reasons I could not be very active during the past 2 years, but still followed the work of Los Verdes'

To say that she has not been very active is in my opinion an understatement in the least. In the two years prior to my resignation from Los Verdes on the 15th June 2009 I am not aware of Martina taking any active part in the work of the party in Orihuela Costa, in fact there was no mention of her involvement at all. The last time I am aware of her involvement was on the 27th May 2007 when Los Verdes failed to receive enough votes in the local election for Martina to be elected as a Councillor. As a member of the Orihuela Costa Working Group the only comments I heard about her from my erstwhile colleagues in the group were in my opinion less than flattering!

Martina continues 'At the present moment we are in the process of re-organising the coastal group and I have taken over some duties again'.

This must be an interesting time for Gérard Perret & Ulla-Britt Perret Lundberg, the remaining members of the Los Verdes Working Group in Orihuela Costa (after the resignation of myself and Natalie my wife) considering their fractious dealings on occassions in the past with Martina and their views about her as expressed to us on several occassions.

I have to wonder if this is a voluntary re-organisation of the coastal group or an imposed edict from the Executive Committee in Orihuela!

I am please to read that Martina will be carrying on the principle of the work I initiated and maintained, up to my resignation, through the Los Verdes in Orihuela Costa Blog; with her making the point 'I would like to create a Newsletter on a basis of may be twice a month (or more if necessary) to be sent out to all interested persons. The objective of this Newsletter would be to inform in short terms about: The activities of Los Verdes: The Agenda of the monthly Plenum of Orihuela (last Tuesday of each month): The decisions taken and who voted for/against the different matters: Initiatives created by Los Verdes: Forthcoming events etc'.

It's sad to see that since my resignation in June there have only been 7 news items (including 2 related to my resignation) posted for the readers of the Los Verdes in Orihuela Costa Weblog up to this date (19.10.2009) by the current editor (Ulla-Britt Perret Lundberg).

Has Los Verdes had so little to say to the English reading electorate in Orihuela Costa in the last three months?

I have to wonder about Martina's comment above (paragraph 3) 'but still followed the work of Los Verdes'(assuming she meant in Orihuela Costa) as to whether or not she was aware of the presence of the Weblog, the modern medium of news dispatch, or is she re-inventing the wheel with her newsletter idea..

What a pity that during her two year period when she 'could not be very active' Martina didn't feel able to act in any small manner in a similar way to her own current suggestion, 'Whoever wants to let me have information, complains or ideas to forward or wants to cooperate is more than welcome to contact me', by contacting me as the English Spokesman for the Orihuela Costa Working Group, and Editor of the Weblog. To me, her silence says a lot about her involvement or interest in the work of Los Verdes in Orihuela Costa during the last two years.

What is the true reason behind this return from the wilderness?
Has the Orihuela Costa Working Group of Los Verdes ceased to work properly?
Is Martina looking to be included on the Los Verdes election list for 2011, in a position higher than previously, in the hope of being elected as a Councillor?
Have Los Verdes of Orihuela began to realize their reputation and support on the Coast is beginning to ebb away?

1 comment:

  1. Martina ScheurerNovember 08, 2009

    I did write a comment on the 27th of october, but it does not appear, so I might have made something wrong. I will try again:
    Dear Elliot.
    Who ever had access to numbers and information from the pardon, knew that there were not enough votes for Los Verdes to get 5 Councillors, so I knew very well from the beginning that I would not be Councillor. I could have pushed to be on nº 3 or 4, but I didn’t.
    The disappointing fact that only 42% of those citizen who were allowed to vote in Orihuela Costa, did actually take the occasion to do so, together with internal problems which I had with Gérard Perret since long before the elections, convinced me to withdraw myself, but I have kept my views to myself. As you know I am not retired and only have little free time. I think this time is too precious to have to spend it with someone who is not able to keep a discussion without shouting and insulting.
    Only 7 items on the Weblog in 5 months clearly shows that things are not at the best and you are right to think that the re-organisation is partly imposed. The full story behind is quite interesting. I don’t want to argue, or be sarcastic or talk bad about others or whatsoever, I just try to start again.
    Best Regards. Martina.

    ReplyDelete

Please be courteous and add your name rather than 'Anonymous' to your comment, as it may not be published. In the 'Comment as' box above use the drop-down menu and select 'Name/URL'. In the 'Edit profile' pop-up enter your name and press continue. There will be a period of delay before your comment appears on the article until I receive the automatic notification that you have made one and can authorised its publication.

Any comment that includes vulgar language, racist remarks or anything of that nature will either be edited or not published at my discretion.