Comments

If you wish to add a comment to any of my articles please do so as I am always pleased to have a contribution from any reader as this increases the interest for other visitors.

Tuesday 20 April 2010

Los Verdes have the gall.

On the Los Verdes party's new Weblog for the Orihuela Costa area (although there was no need to creat a new one as one already existed but that's probably another story) they have posted an article entitled Trees is Pau 26, march 2010. I could not let this go without posting the following comment on the article.
I am really surprised that Los Verdes have the gall to make this comment as if the proposal made by the party in April 2009 had gone ahead, "Los Verdes request the Council that an exchange is made between the use of the two plots of land, in that the PAU-26 area is used for the Eco-park" (against the wishes of, and without consultation with, the residents of the area) the plot of land would have been covered with concrete.

Without the help of Los Verdes the residents saved PAU 26 .

I would remind you of the wording in my letter of resignation from Los Verdes "I do not agree with the alternative location proposal for the recycling depot put forward to the Ayuntamiento by Los Verdes, without I would point out any prior consultation with the residents that will be directly affected, for the recycling depot. The proposal fails to protect either the quality of life of the residents or the environment of the area. It is an unacceptable compromise of principles".

You might find my article "Euro Weekly News article 'Orihuela school children do their bit for the environment' is a load of 'Utter Tosh'" about the tree planting of interest.

I hope they will have the courage to leave my comment attached to their article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and add your name rather than 'Anonymous' to your comment, as it may not be published. In the 'Comment as' box above use the drop-down menu and select 'Name/URL'. In the 'Edit profile' pop-up enter your name and press continue. There will be a period of delay before your comment appears on the article until I receive the automatic notification that you have made one and can authorised its publication.

Any comment that includes vulgar language, racist remarks or anything of that nature will either be edited or not published at my discretion.