Comments

If you wish to add a comment to any of my articles please do so as I am always pleased to have a contribution from any reader as this increases the interest for other visitors.

Saturday 12 June 2010

There is too much swearing on Television - And Day to Day Life.

In an article in the Daily Mail today What you REALLY think about swearing on TV: It's offensive and sets a bad example ... are you listening Ofcom? the paper reports on the results of a survey carried out by Ipsos MORI on behalf of the Mail.

In the article reference is made to the views of the 'over 55's' and falling within this age range, I find myself in agreement with views expressed under this catagory of the population.

There is too much swearing on television, but unfortunately this is just symptomatic of modern society and it's use of foul language. The article mentions Gordon Ramsey, Jonathan Ross and Graham Norton as 'celebrities' who have caused a lot of offence with their unnecessary use of swear words. It shows an inadequacy on their part. I choose not to watch programmes in which they appear, or the use of swear words is a predominant factor.

The same applies to day to day conversations, or the written communications, in that I will not converse with socially inept people who cannot talk, or write, to me without the incessant use of crude language. I don't utter it, or write it, to them and I'm not going to listen to, or read it. I'm not a highly educated person but at least I know, I hope, how to communicate with people in a polite manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and add your name rather than 'Anonymous' to your comment, as it may not be published. In the 'Comment as' box above use the drop-down menu and select 'Name/URL'. In the 'Edit profile' pop-up enter your name and press continue. There will be a period of delay before your comment appears on the article until I receive the automatic notification that you have made one and can authorised its publication.

Any comment that includes vulgar language, racist remarks or anything of that nature will either be edited or not published at my discretion.